Native Speaker English Trainer | American
I have a CELTA and more than 5 years of experience, most of which have been in Indonesia, where I have gained invaluable knowledge in the English teaching arena. I have taught in institutions with an incredibly high standard of teaching, which has certainly rubbed off on me. This ranges from strong learning environments for the students, to professional staffroom relationships and onto developing strong rapport with parents and clients. My teaching experience is specific to Indonesia-based learners. This gives me more than useful expertise for my new role with professional, hard working and enthusiastic Jakartans. My keen interest in Indonesian and Jakartan culture, customs, politics and so on, helps me relate to my students faster than others, academically and socially. Furthermore, I have vast experience away from teaching in the business sector, specifically in customer service, whether that be face-to-face, by email or on the telephone.
English Today Jakarta – Business English Instructor
- Provide in-house training for corporate clients with groups ranging from 6-20 students, at different levels (Beginner to Advanced).
- Offer a wide variety of courses including Business English; General English; Presenting in English; Conversational English; Report and Email Writing Skills; and Customer Service in English.
- Have completed custom designed workshops for clients such as IDX.
- Tailor sessions and assessments to suit the client, students’ group and/or individual’s needs.
KELT, Surabaya, English Trainer
- Created and performed lessons efficiently for large range of students in terms of age (Kindergarten to Adult) and ability (Beginners to Advanced) for class sizes of 6-17 persons.
- Successfully prepared students for formal Cambridge Young Learners, FCE and CAE exams .
- Became proficient in classroom control and dealt with difficult behaviour.
- Developed positive relationships with students, fellow teachers, non-teaching staff and parents.
CELTA: Uxbridge College, London, UK – Teacher in English as a Foreign Language
- Taught elementary and intermediate adult multilingual classes of 10-20 EFL/ESOL students
- Managed time between my demanding full-time employment and academic deadlines