Private Executive English Program
Learn to persuade, increase impact, sell your ideas and write high impact summaries.
Allow the participants to select topics of professional interest as a platform to establish exposure and develop language skills and items according to their specific needs.
Develop language awareness, diagnose problem areas and develop autonomous learning skills which will equip the participants with comprehensive knowledge of development areas and the skills to maintain development autonomously post program.
The I.A.M. Approach allows the participants to develop the necessary skills and knowledge to be able to:
- Identify language and communication inconsistencies and breakdowns.
- Apply appropriate solutions
- Monitor the continued use of the language to ensure sound development,
Specific functional focuses during speaking sessions included:
- Describing experiences
- Developing an argument
- Expressing abstract ideas
- Expressing agreement and disagreement
- Expressing and justifying opinions
- Expressing reaction to an issue
- Emphasizing a point, feeling, issue
- Expressing attitudes and feelings precisely
- Expressing certainty, probability, doubt
- Expressing opinions tentatively, hedging
- Expressing shades of opinion and certainty
- Responding to counterarguments
- Speculating and hypothesizing about causes, consequence
- Defending a point of view persuasively
- Developing an argument systematically
Skills developing language related critical thinking skills and self-monitoring strategies such as :
- Identifying errors in grammatical structures and sentences form
- Broadening lexical awareness to move beyond single lexical items and simple units into advanced cluster and chunked e.g. fixed expressions, fixed
- stems, idiomatic expressions, collocations, phrasal verbs.
- Advanced register analysis
- Advanced cohesive devices
- Advanced parts of speech – Word transformation
- Phonological Awareness – hearing, identifying and manipulating phonemes